The Arts Education Partnership is dedicated to securing a high-quality arts education for every young person in America.
I found some really interesting articles/web seminars/videos on incorporating the CC in art ed on this website. And they pretty much stand for everything us future art teachers stand for - the need for good art education for every student!
This really awesome guide showing how easy it is to incorporate CC - these lessons essentially could have (and probably did) already existed in some similar way before June of 2010 (when CC was passed).
Something similar to above, but more of a workbook format.
Just open this one, it's pretty self explanatory. <-- I'm not sure why I haven't forced myself to go to NAEA meetings on our campus, but I'm regretting that decision of mine right now and I think I should start going to them.
Haven't really explored this one yet but it seems pretty cool. It is a .com website though and that makes me a little hesitant, but I think it seems legit. From what I understand, this is a website that connects art educators from around the globe.
This NY Times article talks about a really cool thing. Paper Monument’s editors "asked dozens of artists and teachers, some well known and some not, to speak about the best art assignments they’ve given or received or even heard of."
That's all I've got for now... I'm sure I'll come back to this post a bunch of times whenever I find more cool stuff, but in the meantime, I recommend checking those out when you've got the time!
No comments:
Post a Comment