Thursday, September 15, 2011

Place Project

The place project is one that seems really interesting to me because I am doing something similar in my Basic Sculpture class simultaneously. However, for that assignment, I will be creating a place mostly from my imagination. Although not identical, I thought it was funny that they were assigned almost as a pair; an important place in real life, and create your own place/space that pleases you.

For this class, I was thinking of creating my place project somewhere up the mountain, particularly near or around Lake Minnewaska. I camped there when I was a child and when I applied to New Paltz I had no idea that the familiar and nostalgic lake and campgrounds would be so close to me. I have a very good feeling every time I go up there so I think that is where I will create my place project.

No comments:

Post a Comment